Friday, May 16, 2014

Around The Horn Round Up: May 16, 2014

Just some thoughts from yours truly about today's baseball happenings:

- Only a true Giants fan would think this, but the Dodgers playing the Diamondbacks as often as they do is simply unfair. Irrational on my part, but unfair nonetheless. Puig doesn't need help being Puig.

- We must live in Opposite World, because so far in tonight's Giants game Stanton is 0-4, but Dietrich and Yelich both have home runs. At AT&T Park, no less. Who orchestrated that madness?

- I miss Jarrod Saltalamacchia's curls. I hope he lets them grow throughout the season.

-  Max Scherzer is truly a beast. So is Sonny Gray, but in completely different ways.

- I identified Glen Perkins on TV tonight (closer for the Twins) without thinking about it. Obviously, I have problems. Lots of problems.

-  I dislike the Brewers for no particular reason, other than Ryan Braun. I really dislike them now because he's been hurt and yet they still manage to win. Ugh.

- Today was the first day in what felt like forever that there was no Red Sox or Yankees game on TV. Amazing.

- I was surprised to learn today that LaTroy Hawkins still has a job. With the Rockies. Where was I when this occurred?

- Miguel Tejada could be coming back to the majors this year. This confuses me for more reasons than I can count. Then again, Casey McGehee is back in the majors, which is doubly confusing.

- Zack Grienke is ridiculously good and I really wish he'd just stop. Like, once or three times. I'm not picky.

- My blog format wanted to correct my spelling of "Grienke" with "grinch." That's sort of awesome.

This concludes today's Around The Horn Round Up for May 16, 2014. Hope I'm still cool with y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment