Wednesday, November 16, 2011

And so it begins...

So, I've been sitting on the idea of having a baseball blog for awhile now, but never managed to actually get one started. Apparently, my brother, having realized that 80% of my Facebook posts were baseball-related, suggested that any girl who writes about Michael Cuddyer should have their own blog exclusively about baseball. This makes sense, given that a good 75% of 29-year-old girls in this world outside of Minnesota don't know who Michael Cuddyer is. And why would they? But I digress.

I started out innocently enough as a born and raised Giants fan. Throughout the years, however, my obsession has become about baseball in general. The level of importance some people put on watching, say, every episode of "Dexter" or "Glee" is the same level of importance I put on watching every episode of MLB Tonight. I read baseball box scores in the paper/online and MLB Trade Rumors on Twitter religiously. Because baseball season runs from April to October, generally the months in between are sad ones for me, hence why I decided to start this blog in November. Instead of feeling depressed and restless during the baseball off-season, I thought, why not do something about it? I seem to have enough to rant and rave about during the off-season as I do during baseball season, so why not?

So here we are. Long story short, because I'm a Giants fan, I'm generally a National League fan. However, I have an inexplicable hatred toward the Phillies (though for a Giants fan, not quite so inexplicable right now) and, of course, the Dodgers. And, once again, quite possibly because of being a Giants fan, I also hate the Rangers. And the Yankees, for the most part, though I have conflicts with that because I really like Mark Teixeira and Nick Swisher. It is what it is. The Giants are the only team I follow obsessively, but I do have love for individual players on other teams, again, for mostly baffling reasons: Lance Berkman, Josh Beckett, Huston Street, Justin Morneau, Dan Haren, Joe Nathan, Joe Mauer and Brian McCann, to name just a few. I seem to have a thing for pitchers, for reasons that escape me. My favorite Giants players (currently) are Brandon Crawford, Matt Cain, Pablo Sandoval, Javier Lopez and Madison Bumgardner.

This is probably all one needs to know about me. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment